PLANNING YOUR TRAVEL
- Use a Certified Travel Professional
- They know the market and can match you with a better product that you can find online
- They will advocate for you should anything go wrong while traveling. No online travel site will do this for you
- Travel agents have a variety of resources at their fingertips no matter where you are traveling.
- Your time is a valuable, let your travel agent do the research and planning.
- Always Buy Travel Insurance – As a travel professional with over 10 years in the industry, accidents happen, you don’t want a mishap on your trip cause a financial hardship. I have also seen many trips have to be cancelled or delay because of unforeseen events. The best I can give my clients is protect your investment and purchase trip insurance.
BEFORE YOU TRAVEL
- For international travel, check with your mobile provider to confirm you have international options and what charges you might incur while traveling out of the country.
- Alert Your Bank and Credit Card Company of Your Travel Plans
- Remember to suspend your mail, newspapers and other delivery services.
- Let Someone at Home Know Your Plans –
- Make a List – Packing lists are essential!
- Pre-plan your Outfits – It’s a great way to not over-pack
- Separate Personal Items if traveling together – That way if one of your bags gets lost, you will still have some clothing and personal items.
- Make Photocopies of Important Documents and pack in a different bag than your original documents or leave with a trusted friend or family member
- Make sure your luggage has identification both inside and out.
WHAT TO PACK IN YOUR CARRY-ON
- Electronics, Medications, Toothbrush and valuable jewelry
- Travel Documents
- One spare outfit in case your checked bag gets lost or delayed.
- Swimsuit is also a good idea if you are going on a beach vacation.
You can buy most of these things if your bag gets lost, but having them in your carry-on will save you money and time if your luggage gets lost or delayed
THE NIGHT BEFORE YOUR DEPARTURE
- Check in with your airline to confirm times and obtain your boarding passes
- Don’t forget all of your important travel documents
- Travel Documents
MISCELLANEOUS TRAVEL TIPS
- Learn Common Phrases of the Local Language – A simple “Please,” “Thank you,” and “I’m sorry” in the local language goes a long way.
- Enquire about the price BEFORE You Take Public Transportation
- Stay Hydrated on Planes – This really helps with jet lag on long haul flights
- Put Your Room Number & Hotel Address in Your Phone – I always forget my room number till about the 4th
- Ask The Locals – We always ask the locals to point us to the best restaurants, awesome spots to watch the sunset, the best coffee shops, etc.
- Beware of Free Public WIFI – I always try to avoid logging into bank accounts or entering any passwords while I’m using free public WIFI at a place like an airport. I’m not as strict about it once I’ve gotten to my hotel, especially if they have a password for their WIFI.
- Wear Sunscreen when traveling to a Beach Vacation – Nothing can ruin a vacation faster than sunburn
- Keep your valuables and important documents in a hotel safe deposit box in your destination.
- Leave Room for Spontaneity – Those unplanned moments while traveling can be the best memories.